By Euro Weekly News Media • 16 March 2011 • 14:14
Image of an umbrella in the rain.
Credit: Brian A Jackson/Shutterstock.com
NESTLE has admitted to an incident during the processing of a batch of water in which a bottle with caustic soda in it, which poisoned a customer in Viladrau S’Albufera restaurant in Alicante in May last year. The caustic soda got into the bottle following a failure of the automatic dispenser used to clean the containers.
This bottle was one of 153, which have since been tested at the National Toxicology Institute.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.