By Euro Weekly News Media • 20 April 2011 • 16:54
AUTUMN FETE: Stalls helped to draw the crowds
Photo credit: PAWS-PATAS
A TOXIC cloud at a municipal swimming pool in Palma forced the evacuation of a dozen workers at the municipal swimming pools at 7.20am on Tuesday. Apparently a worker who was preparing the chlorine solution mixed hydrochloric acid with hypochlorite by mistake, which caused a toxic cloud of ammonia.
Due to the high concentration of the toxic cloud, fire fighters had to enter the premises in special suits. The cloud dissipated, but the facilities were closed to the public for the rest of the day.
Two people were poisoned, one of whom was transferred to Juaneda clinic, although his condition is not serious.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.