By Euro Weekly News Media • 07 December 2018 • 12:00
Cough syrup - Image Maiden Pharmaceuticals
AN INQUEST has found that a teenager died on holiday in Spain after finishing his A-Levels, having taken a “substance” at a 16-hour rave in “unbearable heat.”
Alex Masterton, 19, from North Thoresby in Lincolnshire, died at the Elrow club in Barcelona in July 2017.
The inquest into his death yesterday (Thursday) concluded it was due to “misadventure” after he took an unnamed substance.
Alex was a popular student who was just weeks away from starting a biomedical science degree at Newcastle University, but became disorientated and distressed in the sweltering heat of the club.
According to his friends, Alex had taken “pills” thought to be ecstasy, but Coroner Paul Kelly did not confirm this.
The Elrow club’s anniversary event ran for 16 hours and included three music stages, art installations and food stalls, but bottled water reportedly costed around €4.
Share this story
Subscribe to our Euro Weekly News alerts to get the latest stories into your inbox!
By signing up, you will create a Euro Weekly News account if you don’t already have one. Review our
Share your story with us by emailing [email protected], by calling +34 951 38 61 61 or by messaging our Facebook page www.facebook.com/EuroWeeklyNews
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Download our media pack in either English or Spanish.