Using a British estate agent or lawyer on the Costa del Sol

Using a British estate agent or lawyer on the Costa del Sol. Image: Alexander Raths/

If you choose to work with a British estate agent, promoter or lawyer, on the Costa del Sol it is recommended to check a few details.

Confirm that they are qualified, reliable and have experience operating in Spain.

For lawyers, check they are registered with the Law Society in the UK and confirm they specialise in international transactions.

If your lawyer is based in Spain, ask for their registration number and check that they are registered and practising with the local bar association (Colegio de Abogados).

You should also check that your lawyer has professional indemnity insurance and do not sign any papers or hand over any money until you have taken independent legal advice.

Thank you for taking the time to read this article, do remember to come back and check The Euro Weekly News website for all your up-to-date local and international news stories and remember, you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsAppTelegramLinkedInEmailCopy Link
Go Back
Written by

Anna Ellis

Originally from the UK, Anna is based on the Costa Blanca and is a web reporter for The Euro Weekly News covering international and Spanish national news. Got a news story you want to share? Then get in touch at [email protected]


    Leave a comment

    Your email address will not be published.